January 02, 2022

A Calendar of Tables

Here’s to the New Year and a farewell to the Old! In the spirit of the holiday, I'm resolving to celebrate the little things in life that bring comfort and joy, or add beauty and warmth. Like a wonderfully set table that welcomes friends and family and adds a certain something to great food and wine.
 
So on a quiet New Year's Day weekend, I thought I’d take a look back at some tables I styled this year! (Click on the titles to see the full posts.)  
   

In January I dreamed of snow and built a tablescape featuring drifts of snow down the center — Snowdrifts on a Plaid Table.


My garden's resident birds provided the inspiration for February's table, which celebrated the birds of winter — Song of Winter.


March/early spring is all about the fresh new greens in the garden and on the table! I used fresh flowers from my garden and a variety of green-toned tablewares — Table in Green and White with Pops of Color.


With bunnies as my inspiration, I set an April table that featured two types of bunnies with a garden's worth of carrots! — Hopping Into Spring


May's inspiration came courtesy of Shakespeare: "Pray, love, remember: and there is pansies, that's for thoughts." — Thoughts of Pansies for a Spring Table


June brought early summer flowers blooming in my garden. Purples and blues with a jolt of white were in the sunny borders — Summer Flowers, Summer Table.


In the French way, formal roses mixed easily with cottage flowers in July — The French Table.


August's summer colors are bright, warm and bold. They easily shrugged off the heat for an al fresco table for two — Lunch by the Koi Pond.


In September I started the transition to fall with warm vibrant colors for a stunning tablescape — Easing Into Fall.


October's cozy table was grounded on a plaid table cover that combined shades of burnt orange and slate blue — A Cozy Plaid Setting for Fall.


In November I captured the look of fall where some trees are full of green leaves, while others are blazing gold or red  — Leaves and Pumpkins on a Fall Table.


December holidays brought lots of opportunities for hosting friends and family. They needn't be formal (though I love setting those!) — Casually Festive Holiday Table.


Happy New Year!!


 
Now to start planning for more tables in the coming year! I've got a few ideas...
  
 
 
   
   
    
    

  

14 comments:

  1. I love your tables, Sandra, your March and May tables especially! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! It's been fun to go back and remember.

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a lovely calendar of tables Sandra. Its hard to pick a favorite, but songs of winter and the pansies are definitely up there! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! The pansies table featured the plates that were a gift from my daughter, so it's a little extra special. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I'd love you to share a table you've designed based on any of mine.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You are so creative, I love how you themed each table scape for the season! Very inspirational! Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! Often it only takes one or two ideas/things to start a whole table design.

      Delete
  5. Your tablescapes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina! I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  6. I enjoy seeing every one of your tables when you shared them at the link party. I don't take the time to set up such lovely tables but you are an inspiration to try it out more. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, what a lovely thing to say! I hope you do try your hand at it -- the more you do, the quicker it becomes.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! I appreciate your thoughtful comments and I enjoy reading every one. Comments may be moderated so it may be a short time until they're posted. Your email address will not be published.